Monday, January 12, 2015

No more hay straws - Rahua Hair Review

What can I say...time doesn't stop for anybody.

Been a while since I re-found the motivation and push to write another blog post. A pile of priorities and stress kept building up caused Cup of Susan to be tucked at the bottom of that pile; but, I promise - the blog was not forgotten and my fingers are dancing again on the keyboard!

With the hectic last season/semester, my life unfortunately had more lows than highs. We all know - stress doesn't do anyone good and not sticking to a consistent routine also doesn't do anyone good either. After trying a countless number of natural hair products that didn't do my hair any change, I finally decided to fork out my textbook money and invest in what everyone claims to be the best of the best. And let me tell you friends...people aren't lying - Rahua hair is the best all-natural hair shampoo and conditioner that I ever used so far!


I must be honest, my first impression wasn't too good. I brought the original Ruhua shampoo and really, there's absolutely no lather. I stood in the shower and took a while to think about whether or not I'm using this product properly. After several of uses, I found that it made my thick hair look a little greasy since the product wasn't evenly spreading around - I came to realize that it's not the product, I'm just using too much. Eventually, I thought, maybe I should give the Rahua Voluminious Shampoo a try to compare - picked up a small travel size and this shampoo is what my hair needed. The voluminous one has a lather and works so much easier into my thick Asian hair. Combining it with the original Ruhua conditioner - let me tell you, after several of uses, the combination re-birthed my hair...literally. My hair is no longer crying for hydration.

This product is definitely on the high-end of products. But, you really don't need a lot - a quarter size amount is MORE than enough; and we're talking about using this amount for my thick Asian hair. I've been using this power couple for the past month and I still have 3/4 of each bottle left. Only having to buy new bottles for each season change is a change from going to the drugstore/health food store for a refill each month.

If your hair is in need of some deep hydration, I highly recommend finishing up your current shampoo and conditioner and making a huge commitment and vow to give Ruhua a try. And I know, you'll thank the Amazon rainforests forever. (If you're unsure the hefty price tag will be a match for you, the company does sell travel sizes.)

I'm hoping with more use, my hair will be silk soon...I can keep dreaming, but I think my dream will come true in the next month.

Let me know if you tried Rahua products before. I'll love to hear your experience!

love & light,
Susan


Disclaimer: I bought these oils myself. Of course, always genuine and would only share products I believe in!

No comments:

Post a Comment