Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Food: Homemade Raspberry Chia Jam

Just as I said in my new years resolution, I'm trying my best at eating healthier and changing my food habits. I've made tons of changes this year so far, but I know this summer would be an easier time for me to explore recipes and options.

Just the other day, my boyfriend's grandma made a loaf kind of cake and I knew a jam would be perfect to go along with it. I remember seeing other articles on chia jam, but this is one quick one I assembled myself in the kitchen the other day.



Homemade Raspberry Chia Jam

1 Cup of Raspberries, Fresh or Frozen (make sure it's thawed!)
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1-2 Tablespoon of Honey

In a small bowl, using a fork, mash up the raspberries.
Add the chia seeds and mix well. 
Mix in the honey. Some berries, especially frozen, tend to be quite sour and depending on individual preferences, the amount of honey will differ among everyone. 

Tasty and healthy raspberry chia seed jam. Can leave in your fridge for the week.

Enjoy!

<3

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Your pic has my mouth watering already! I'll definitely try this recipe!

    Quantum
    The Scientist Who DIYs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great and simple recipe! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete